Wednesday, February 17, 2010

If you've been wondering what I'm doing.....

It's been a while since I updated this blog! One of the many reasons is that life got very hectic around christmas and New Year, with a lot of rl work which sapped my strength considerably.

Then I've been thinking a lot recently, and though I've got a script lying here, ready to film (and I still think it's a very good script), I'm not ready to make the movie, and have no idea when I will be, or if I I'll ever be. It's a long, complicated to film story, it would need loads of mods; and I would have to make a lot of compromises to make it happen at all.

I'm just not up to it.

So what do I do when I'm fed up and undecided about something? I learn something new - and that's creating fashion for Second Life!
Currently I'm happily grappling with Photoshop; brushes, pen tool, layers; making textures... it's great fun, and I've opened a little shop where I sell my creations:
Koo-Koo.

I've also blogging about my shop here

I have to admit I've grown very fond of the look of SL - in my opinion, it is very, very beautiful! And maybe (just maybe) I'll one day start filming here - something small, and uncomplicated..... but not now.

 

So, I'm taking a "sabbatical" from machinima!
For those of you who would like to offer me roles in their movies - though I'm not around much on any of the forums at the moment, you can still reach me via e-mail; and I will take on roles - just, I will be picky about what I do. But don't hesitate to ask!

Until then! :)

7 Kommentare:

Russell Boyd said...

It would be interesting to see what you can do with SL after your success in moviestorm, Sisch. Different engines, different pros and cons. Glad you've found an outlet for your creativity through fashion in the meantime :)

thebiz said...

I have indeed been wondering where Sisch went "away" to. Good to hear you're out and about.

Ricky Lee Grove said...

Thanks for the update, Sisch, I've been wondering what you were up to. The designs look great. I hope you are very successful. Have fun!

Norrie said...

Simone who?

(Sorry, couldn't help myself)
:I wish I hadn't said that smiley:
:)

IceAxe said...

Sisch - completely understand how "burnt-out" you feel. Machinima can really take it out of you. Take your time, chill, and maybe someday you'll pick it up again. In the meantime, have fun in SL - I'm now looking at SL as a potential machinima platform too. Not sure if it will go anywhere yet though!

Anonymous said...

I, along with countless others, have also been wondering what you were up to as of late. Thanks for the update. You do realize that we're all waiting with bated breath for your SL movie now :D
~JosephKw

Anonymous said...

Howdy are using Wordpress for your site platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to
get started and set up my own. Do you need any coding knowledge to make your own blog?
Any help would be really appreciated!

Feel free to surf to my web page; smo dienstleistungen

Post a Comment